martes, 2 de julio de 2019

The picture of Dorian Gray. Oscar Wilde. 1890.





I read a translation of this book when I was fourteen and I liked it a lot, the day that I bought the book a man next to me in the line to pay, looked at me and said: How wonderfull read this book for the first time, it is an incomparable experience, I envy you.

As the man said the novel was for me really a great experience, fits to me like a ring in my finger, a delicious experience.

Recently I took the decisión of read books in english to improve it and I met the book in a library with a perfect small edition in bible paper, gold borders and hard covers.

It is easy for me, I was surprise, to understand the exquisite prose of Oscar Wilde and to enjoy with de thoughts and situations that he describes with his magistral way of writing, so creative, surprising and aesthetic, so artistic and unique, but frequently some words of complicate phrases escape of my comprehension, it is logical, but is really a new experience to read the book in his original language, his essence is more intense and the atmosphere is more original.

I don’t remember a lot of the book, details of the plot escape of my memory, the novel is not so simple as I remember, it has a lot of meanings and lectures, it’s incredible that the only Wilde’s novel was so magnificent, a classic book with an archetype story like in the classical Greek theater.


El paseante


1 comentario: